Partial Denture for a Complete Smile
Do you have one or more missing teeth? Would you like to fill the gaps in your smile left by missing teeth? A partial denture is a removable dental prosthesis that replaces one or more missing teeth and helps restore your appearance as well as your dental health. Even a single missing tooth can compromise your oral health. A partial denture will help maintain the health of your jaw and keep other teeth from shifting out of place. If your other teeth are healthy, we want to help you maintain them for as long as possible.
Benefits of Partial Dentures
A partial denture is composed of replacement teeth attached to a metal or plastic base that matches the color of the patient’s gums. The denture is taken out for sleeping and is placed in a cleaning solution overnight. With proper care your partial denture can last 5–7 years. Benefits of partial dentures include:
- Restored ability to eat and speak comfortably
- Provide the confidence of smiling with a full set of teeth
- Prevent other teeth from moving out of position due to the gap left by a missing tooth
The Process of Partial Dentures
- First, a basic impression of your teeth and mouth is made and sent to a dental lab where the customized partial denture will be made.
- When the partial denture is received at our office, we’ll schedule an appointment with you to come in so we can place the denture.
- During that visit, we’ll make sure the denture fits and is comfortable. If any adjustments need to be made, we will make them so that you are happy with the fit.
If you are considering a tooth replacement treatment, we are happy to discuss your options at our Spring Hill, FL office. Please call our office today to schedule an appointment.